MAPTILER IS NOW AVAILABLE FROM:
- Download the latest Windows installer:
- Start the installation process, the icon for MapTiler will appear in your computer under Start -> All Programs.
Mac OS X users:
- Download the latest Mac OS X installer:
- The installation disk instruct you to drag&drop the MapTiler icon into Applications folder. After this is done, double click on the MapTiler icon to start the software.
MapTiler Pro demo with command line is available on request. See http://www.maptiler.com/
MapTiler Free / Start is not available at this moment, but we are working on it. If you are interested in testing let us know.
The old MapTiler open-source utility can be installed by:
First you have to install latest GDAL binaries, which are not yet part of the official distribution. You can use UbuntuGIS or DebianGIS packages. For Ubuntu the instructions as described on the UbuntuGIS homepage under "Technical details about this PPA":
- modify /etc/apt/sources.list, add a line for your ubuntu version :
deb http://ppa.launchpad.net/ubuntugis/ubuntugis-unstable/ubuntu YOUR_UBUNTU_VERSION_HERE main
- add the key for this repository to Apt, so it is considered as trusted source of packages:
sudo apt-key adv --keyserver keyserver.ubuntu.com --recv-keys 314DF160
- update the Apt:
sudo apt-get update
- Install gdal and wxWidgets for python:
apt-get install python2.5 python-wxgtk2.8 python-gdal
- Download and install the maptiler package:
dpkg -i maptiler_1.0.beta2_all.deb